Will luck knock my doors?

I was an individual who never believed in luck. I always believed that I would make it big in my profession because of my dedication. When I faced the real world, I was shocked and then began a never ending battle of true vs lies, real friends vs fake friends.  It was the year 2013 , I had joined my PhD and six months had passed. I was desperately in need of job and when my supervisor had mentioned about a vacancy in a college. I applied for the position with the help of my research guide reference who was working in the college.
The next day I had to attend the interview. The college was located far off from the city. The travel took me one and half an hour to reach the college. The day started with me missing the bus , walked to nearby bus stand and boarded bus to ashok pillar. At Ashok pillar, I was running from one stop to another stop to board bus that would go to my destination. The bus was very crowded and I got a place to stand and stood there till I got a seat before the last stop. After five minutes I got down from the bus and have to board a rural bus to get to the college. I dint know where is the stop and was huddling here and there. Then I prayed to God what is this? Pls help me! Then I asked a person where is the stop for local bus and that  guy was a student of that college OMG I was so glad for the company and it turned out he had also missed the same  route bus . We got down and we walked together into the campus. I thanked him and god for the company. Well poor guy he got caught by the squad for coming late. I went to the department after enquiring the way. The block was being renovated and painting was going on. As I had begun my ascent to third floor, I felt sudden perspiration and giddiness. I took break and had water and continued my ascent to the department. I called up my reference and my guide and told them I have reached the spot. They asked me to wait in the library. I waited and met another interviewee and she was also of same qualification but without experience .She was a beautiful lady accompanied by another lady. I thought that she was also an interviewee but she turned to be her mom. Her name was Suganya. There were totally three people for interview. Another lady was from Madurai, she had kept her face buried in bundles of books and seemed to be serious about studies and she was taking distance education classes in Madurai Kamarajar University. Suganya was called first to take Demo class. Then after five minutes I was called to take a Demo class. I saw suganya standing outside she said she came back as she could not take class because of nervousness and they asked her to come after wards. I went and took the class and answered all queries and everyone seemed to be impressed with my presentation.
We had all given our presentation then waited for personal interview and in that round too, the dean was happy with my answer. The only issue was my request for visiting faculty. The dean asked me to handle four subjects in three days for the pay of 15,000. Well in other universities the visitng faculty  are paid 6,000 for a subject and they need to handle the portion in 6 classes of 12 hours.
Shall I call this exploitation of educated masses by educated people?
Well I Said my bye-bye to all and left and reached my home.
My guide got report of my performance from his friend. He was very hopeful that I would get  this job. I got a call and had to attend the last round at Kilpauk. I got ready and went there and attend the interview and the interviewer was happy too he said u can get your call letter and asked me to wait. The receptionist came and asked me did you mention part time . i thought he might know. After a second meet up with GM he asked me to wait as they are looking for full timers. Well suganya also came that day and she bagged the job she called me and told me that I would also get a call. I never got the call.
When I asked my guide he told me dean was satisfied and planned to recruit me but management had an issue with his decision because of his previous recruited people did not even stay for a year. My sir said that Dean was unlucky that management doesn’t listen to him.
I had work experience of ten months, cleared NET Lectureship yet jobless.
I do not know whether I should laugh at my foolhardiness or cry at my pathetic position.
I am very unfortunate female in the matters of love as well as professional life.
What is the Moral of the story??

Life always plays unlucky game with me... Ironical ....Time again... same things happen to prove it.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aswini Kumars / Ashvins /Asvins/ Acvins

Poompuhar- Kannagi story in stone

Yazh