In Search of love

In search of Love

Love is nourishment by itself for both the recipients. When I said love everybody thinks about love affairs between a guy and a girl. I have experienced a different love perspective and wanted to share. I have heard people telling me “Dogs are man’s best friend”. I beg to differ, so here I come with my own love story.


I had a pet parrot whose name was lichu. I had named her after my classmate Lisha who had beautiful and bountiful curls of hair. Lichu came to live with my family after our maid; ayah rescued it from crows and brought it to us for safe keeping. Lichu was very friendly and she liked to eat grapes, I used to hold out grape fruit and she used to nibble. As time went by, she became one of the family members; if I had got chocolate she wanted some of it. I used to share all food items with her. She was kept in the backyard of the house but the moment we entered the front yard of our house when we came from school she used to create ruckus calling out and sliding from one end of the sitting bar to the other end. She used to settle down after we gave her some attention. When I let her free in the house she used to come and perch on my shoulders. She used to have long tail feathers.
I was seven years old and there was white washing in our home. Someone had not properly locked the cage and my lichu was devoured by the monster tabby cat. Right now I am 31 years old yet these incidents are fresh in my mind. I cried my heart out. I still miss her love and warmth. I tried to train new parrots but they did not have her kindness of her soul.  I may have made many friends after her demise. Yet there is a hollow nagging in my heart which still persists. I have seen best friends turn back stabbers, cheaters, manipulators and Jealousy monsters.
Some may think me to be an emotional fool. I would like to be an emotional fool rather than high end stubborn ass. Tonight as I lay on the bed thinking about my so called friends I remembered how lichu filled my life with happiness. I wanted to capture her memory and treasure it for sojourns.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aswini Kumars / Ashvins /Asvins/ Acvins

Poompuhar- Kannagi story in stone

Yazh