Caged Existence

 I would like to include the phrase “Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care”
When I was young I had read that India was a democratic country. After my marriage I feel that I am living a caged life. Like the pet parrot who screeches on arrival of the owner. What is my recognition? I am always referred as someone’s daughter someone’s wife someone’s mom………………..why don’t I have a name  a character I feel that I am akin to the door mat what is my mistake for being treated like that  . I am not working I don’t have the money s u treat me with so much little respect. My husband left me but then it is fault … because I m a woman
We say we r modern woman we hide the bruises behind lip gloss and mascara and flaunt our dress but what about the soul is it really matured is it happy …. We have so many masks behind which we hide
I am always hiding behind the mask of ignorance and show fake smiles
All the worlds a fake, I am also one among them
Lost the innocence of child and happiness in small things…..
Laughter is an emotion I laugh but it doesn’t quite reach my eyes most of the time….
Before marriage I had a respect in my household r just was it my figment of imagination…
After marriage the attitude of my family changed its true that we have evolved from apes
 If  I can act about my feelings I can be without any pain
I am an outsider when they say so I am insider when they say  …ithu ellam oru vazhkaaiya
Whats this life without any respect for individual feelings and truthfulness.
I was loyal to the family I was born into
But they switch loyalty as it pleases
When I was young I was a fatso n ugly duckling so my mom always favoured my cousins
And my younger sis.
She used to call me ganesha as I m round  is she parvathi lean n pretty ,nah
She used to always fill my head with stupidity which I come to hate as I have grown up
All my aunts coveted my sister
Well I have a razor sharp tongue which will damages to me n others if they infuriate me
I am  not a round pumpkin with sweet manners but a pumpkin with sour manners
For sanity sake I should not lie to myself
Well  I got married  and there was isssues in my married life
My mother who said u should ao said u should adjust she never adjusts
My r adjusts
My life is the life of the dead it’s a cursed life  I will never wish my enemy to have this life
Well after patch up I lived with him for 5 yrs then ne fine day he left me alone
And his BIL contests how will her  sis marriage will take place without her akkas husband
My own sibling cuts me short blatantly tells me what should I tell about ur husband
Well why cant u tell the truth at did I murder anyone I see murderers n rapist get more respect
If I had been working nobody would have bothered  would have held in me in high esteem
What did I do this to deserve such treatment from my own family
Money makes many things is the ultimate truth
God is money
Heard abt money effects but never believed that my family will turn differencit….
Well once a tenant had  parked his bike inside home I asked him to keep it out he said its my house wats ur problem
Well I wish for death  now n then but have to stay in the shades n pity they give me allowance pay my debts and fees of my kid.
Well happy tidings my sister is to marry
I thought my family I shud put in efforts…
I said I will buy engagement rings for the couple
Even they all took me n saw all rings gold to platinum
Took photos of rings they liked
The so called groom said it was not customary for them ….
Then he said he will come and purchase the rings
And suddenly his sister will get it from foreign
Even the chameleon takes time to change colour from one background to another
They didn’t even think once I will be hurt
I was talking to my friend and the advice is to stay away from the arrangements
It’s hurting  when they discuss in front of you about the events they don’t even bother to ask u your opinion…
I am not surpanaka to get my nose cut short


When will this parade of insults stop or only the insulter will change
Will I know peace atleast in death?
Question questions lot of questions on my mind
Will I ever get answers
Well living a caged existence





Comments

  1. I hope your life had some cheer after this. It does look like it with posts after this. Your kirthimukham post was helpful knowledge. By Mercy I hope you do
    More of that

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aswini Kumars / Ashvins /Asvins/ Acvins

Poompuhar- Kannagi story in stone

Yazh